Added May 2021
The extra rule in this maze can make it quite tricky to get about, but you shouldn't find it too hard if you persevere.
- Get from the A at the top-left to the E at the bottom-right, forming a chain of valid words along the way.
- Valid words must lie along straight lines, either orthogonally or diagonally, just like in a wordsearch.
- Any length of word is permitted.
- However, with the exception of the common letter that joins them, successive words are not allowed to share any of the same letters.
- More precisely, the current word without its first letter must not contain any of the letters that are in the previous word without its last letter.
- For example, rook would be permitted if the previous word was badger but not if the previous word was sonar (because of the common letter o in -ook and sona-). Similarly, peep would be permitted if the previous word was hoop but not if the previous word was heap (because of the common letter e in -eep and hea-).
- To make your life easier, the interactive maze will not allow you to attempt a move that does not conform to the no common letter rule.
- Words will be accepted if they abide by the criteria common to all my word mazes.
- Here's a reminder of the permitted two letter words: am, an, as, at, be, by, do, go, ha, he, hi, ho, if, in, is, it, me, mu, my, no, nu, of, oh, ok, on, or, ox, pi, so, to, up, us, we, xi, ye.
Having trouble? Here's a .
Still having trouble? You can view the if you are really struggling. This will ruin the puzzle for you, so I would strongly advise against giving up too early!